httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Building dynamic modules
Date Sun, 24 May 1998 09:01:55 GMT

In article <Pine.WNT.3.96.980523132335.-187459F-100000@shell.lerdorf.on.ca> you wrote:

> I am getting quite a few bug reports from people trying to build
> libphp3.so for use with LoadModule.  They are reporting that they are
> getting unresolved references to __udivdi3.  Further investigation reveals
> that this symbol is in libgcc.a and the solution to the problem is to use
> gcc to link instead of the system-level 'ld' which is the default.  I
> don't think this is something I can fix at the PHP install level.  I think
> it needs to be done at the Apache build level.

Yeah, this is a side-effect from both using "ld" manually and not allowing to
link DSOs against libraries. The last issue is solved by a recently posted
patch from me for 1.3.1-dev. The first issue can be solved by using the
compiler to build shared libraries instead of manually using "ld". This is the
better way in any case. As a workaround you can override LD_SHLIB with "gcc
-shared" or such a combination.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com