httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject SOMAXCONN and FreeBSD
Date Fri, 22 May 1998 20:30:54 GMT
You know, I never really gave it much thought... I just took it
on faith that adding the options "SOMAXCONN=256" line actually
made the listen queue 256. I just ignored the warnings when
building a new kernel. And then I actually _looked_ at the
warnings... It's saying that the entry in sys/socket.h is
_overruling_ the initialization one! That is, it's not being
reset to 256, but instead the value of 256 is being changed
to 128 !!