httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Hmmm.... spawning child in mod_rewrite.c
Date Wed, 20 May 1998 15:52:26 GMT

Hmmmm... because the spawned childs now have a "pinfo" I'd prefer to call
ap_call_exec() in the child callback funtion.  But this functions needs an
request_rec pointer. It's ok in the other modules like mod_cgi.c where one is
available, but in mod_rewrite the RewriteMap program is run at the init hook
(where only a server_rec is available).

On the other hand using ap_open_piped_log doesn't work correctly (even when I
enhance http_log.c's stuff for the stdout handle). I get the output of a
RewriteMap program N times where N is really non-deterministic. Hmmm..

Has anybody a hint how we should change the  rewritemap_program_child()
function in mod_rewrite.c to let it use the pinfo stuff correctly?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com