httpd-dev mailing list archives

From bh...@gensym.com (Ben Hyde)
Subject Re: Debugging under windows
Date Fri, 15 May 1998 14:59:52 GMT

>Ben Hyde wrote:
>>
>> Maybe I'll try that instead.  It seems wrong to always have
>> CVS complaining that I've modified the projects.  I was afraid
>> I'd missed something.
>
>Huh?
The .dsp files change for me, for two reasons.  One because
(which is personal) i turn on the code browsing stuff and
that changes the C compile switches (adding /FR) and hence
the .dsp file.

The second reason is because I change where the links place the
.dll and .exe so they are all in one directory where the
dynamic loader can find them.

All that's a pain since reading the diffs for the .dsp files
is tedious.

I haven't tried the technique you suggest, it might not
change the .dsp files, but it appears it wouldn't help with
the module loading.

>>  I'm also using -X and -s, but I've
>> forgotten why?    - ben hyde
>
>-X is a unixism for debug, meaning single process. -s means "don't make
>it a service".

Yes, of course, but why did I turn them on?  I believe that
it's because I haven't managed to figure out how to get the
debugger to work without them.

Are others able to debug without these?

  - ben hyde