httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/htdocs/manual sharedobjects.html
Date Tue, 12 May 1998 09:57:09 GMT

In article <19980512040048.7812.qmail@hyperreal.org> you wrote:

>   I took Ralf's README.DSO, HTMLized it, and put it here, a more appropriate
>   place than in the root-level of the distribution.  Now we can link to it, too.

Great.

>   Also, Ralf, I removed the section on execution order differences between
>   static and dynamically linked modules, since you committed a patch which
>   makes this behavios consistant with all-staticly-linked.

Hmmm... but it is important that the user knows that he has to keep in sync
the ClearModuleList+AddModule section. APXS does it for him automatically but
when adding DSO's manually he should be aware. But ok, we at least have a BIG
FAT comment in httpd.conf for this.

But why the named "sharedobjects.html" and not "dso.html"? The whole topic is
not standardized but DSO is the best word I know for the whole mechanism. I
would prefer dso.html because we refer to the mechanism as "DSO" all the time.
Just do a simple mv inside the repository.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com