httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: SERVER_SUBVERSION?
Date Sat, 09 May 1998 14:17:19 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> >
> > When I compile Apache+PHP3 right now I get:
> >
> > Server: 3.0R-Dev Apache/1.3b7-dev (UNIX) PHP/3.0R-Dev
> >
> > The ap_add_version_component() is not adding, it is prepending.
>
> That's what it's supposed to do.  The bogosity there is because
> Jim reversed the calls in ap_set_version() that add SUBVERSION
> and BASEVERSION.  Because of the prepending, they need to be done
> in reverse order - BASE last.  That's one of the reasons
> ap_set_version() exists, to make sure the BASE is in the right
> place in the string.

I plead guilty... I had thought that ap_add_version_component worked
by adding such that the order of strings added was reflected in the
string itself :/

How difficult would it to do something like:

     ap_set_version(); 	/* don't lock version_lock */
     ap_init_modules(pconf, server_conf);
     version_lock++;

and have ap_set_version add and not prepend? This may be a bit
clearer...