httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: SERVER_SUBVERSION
Date Thu, 07 May 1998 16:15:46 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Looks like SERVER_SUBVERSION now only "shows up" when you show the
> compile settings... Since a few external mods, like PHP3, use it
> to add their info to the version string, it looks like:
>
>   1. We should just remove SERVER_SUBVERSION

An idea... Maybe just adjust ap_set_version() as:

#ifdef SERVER_SUBVERSION
#define SERVER_REALBASE SERVER_BASEVERSION " " SERVER_SUBVERSION
#else
#define SERVER_REALBASE SERVER_BASEVERSION
#endif

static void ap_set_version()
{
    if (ap_note_platform) {
	ap_add_version_component(SERVER_REALBASE " (" PLATFORM ")");
    }
    else {
	ap_add_version_component(SERVER_REALBASE);
    }
    version_locked++;
}

>   2. Bump the MMN.