httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Tue, 05 May 1998 10:44:03 GMT
brian@hyperreal.org wrote:

> brian       98/05/04 23:55:05
>
>          A device checker patch had been sent to the list a while ago.
>          PATCH: Make the code wrapped by unvoted_DISALLOW_DEVICE_ACCESS
>                 the default in ap_pcfg_openfile()
>   -      Status: Martin +1, Jim +1, Brian +1
>   +      Status: Martin +1, Jim +1
>   +      -- This still doesn't fix it for htpasswd files... how about other files
>   +         like the mime types file?

Looks to me like it _does_ fix it for htpasswd files, assuming that htpasswd
files are accessed via get_pw(), and the group files, assuming that they
are accessed via groups_for_user(). It's also used for the new mod_mime
module, the IMAP handler, and for the digest password file.

Dean has a good point about ap_pcfg_openfile() being changed to
use pfopen() though, esp with the imap handler side of things.