httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Mon, 04 May 1998 13:22:10 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Ahhh... if so, then the patch should be pretty easy.

A quick look reveals that ap_process_resource_config() already
does a stat() on the config files... We could check to see if the
stat returns S_IFREG for st_mode.

Of course, in util.c we already have the capability of checking
the file-type in ap_pcfg_openfile(). Seems to me, a better way might
be to add another parameter to ap_pcfg_openfile which is a flag
to determine if ap_pcfg_openfile should do the stat and abort
if not a regular file (or /dev/null). Allows for some fine tuning.