httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@staff.texas.net>
Subject Re: immortal httpd processes.
Date Sat, 02 May 1998 03:18:49 GMT
On Fri, May 01, 1998 at 08:16:44PM -0700, Dean Gaudet said:
> Yeah, as marc would say, "nfs locking isn't".  It can easily cause all
> sorts of nasties.
>
> What about mod_rewrite, do you have a rewrite log on an NFS filesystem?

No, I don't do rewrite logging unless I'm debugging a rule...  But...
I do have a fairly fast growing access log file on an NFS file system...
I was just boiling it down to a possible NFS problem since NFS problems
have their ways of making things most interesting for "normalcy" in general.

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

<msmith> it's raining...it's pouring...the old man...
*** Describe: msmith shuts up now.