httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank Faubert" <fr...@sane.com>
Subject Re: chdir isn't thead specific
Date Thu, 07 May 1998 01:53:49 GMT
>It seems like left as-is it could cause some problems for heavy CGI users;
>for 1.3.0 we either serialize this or declare that win32 CGI's need to do
>their own chdir's.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about chdir on Win32.  Most of the
servers out there (for Win32) do not do the chdir for you.  Our app uses the
Windows registry to find the correct directory simply because all of the
Win32 servers behave differently.  Unix, however, is a very different story.
All of the servers (that I am aware of), except for CERN, do the chdir.

-Frank