httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy Finkenstadt" <an...@simutronics.com>
Subject RE: Showstoppers
Date Wed, 06 May 1998 17:37:18 GMT
It gets even worse!  Any filename COMPONENT in the entire path triggers this
problem.  E.g.:

  GET /con/aux/index.html HTTP/1.0

Sigh.  The device header chain is going to have to be followed to build the
list of special filenames / devices at runtime, since EMMXXXX0 is also
reserved whenever EMM386 (extended memory manager) is loaded or emulated in
both 95 and NT.  Might make for an interesting DOS attack against IIS or
WebSite or other Windows-based servers.

Andy