httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [BUILD] no change :-)
Date Mon, 13 Apr 1998 23:57:49 GMT
>In article <199804131644.SAA21891@en1.engelschall.com> you wrote:
>
>>> gcc  -DHPUX10 -DSTATUS -DUSE_HSREGEX '-DHTTPD_ROOT="/tmp/httpd"'    \
>>>       -o httpd buildmark.o modules.o  modules/proxy/libproxy.a  modules/example/libexample.a
 modules/experimental/libexperimental.a  modules/standard/libstandard.a  main/libmain.a  os/unix/libos.a
 ap/libap.a regex/libregex.a
>>> ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
>>>    dbm_open (code)
>>>    dbm_fetch (code)
>>>    dbm_close (code)
>>> *** Error exit code 1
>>> Stop.
>>> -rw-rw-r--   1 bhyde    staff     714916 Apr 11 04:57 httpd
>
>> What changes are required to find the dbm stuff under HPUX?
>> We should fix this immediately.
>
>I'm confused. I tried under a HPUX 10.20 box and it linked fine.  The dbm_xxx
>functions are in libc.sl there. Why this difference?
>
>                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
>                                       rse@engelschall.com
>                                       www.engelschall.com

This build error will be resolved in the next round by the fix
to TestCompile that requires that the result of the link actually
be executable. (thanks Jim and Ben L. for seeing that one to
fruition!).

I get a differing result presumably because my HPUX10 is
(as you can see from the line labeled "LOG: uname..." in
the summary) a version 10.01.

We stick to very old releases since our customers (who mostly
are running factories and such) are very very conservative about
taking upgrades.  By staying with old versions of the misc.
OS we get executables that run on those old versions and almost
always run on the newer versions of the OS.  Of course the
frightening thing is that one or more of my customers is
running some factory using 10.01.

 - ben hyde

"Schd. D, Line 25, Step 4 of 6:  If you did not have an entry on
Form 4797, line 8, the amount for Step 4 is the amount from Step
3.  If you had an entry on Form 4797, link 8, column (g), reduce
that amount by the amount, if any, from Form 4797, line 8, column
(h).  Then subtract the result from the amount from Step 3."