httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: SERVER_VERSION with OS
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 19:22:08 GMT

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> What did you think of the posted patch?

I didn't look at the patch hard, it did solve my first complaint about
alexei's patch.  But I wouldn't mind seeing the more general problem of
shared modules being able to update the Server string solved.  They should
only have the opportunity to do so at config time.

We need to stop thinking about having compile-time options for a lot of
things.  They're fine for specialty/boutique options (such as
BUFFERED_LOGS).  But they won't work in the shared module setups that I
expect we'll see most vendors move to.

Dean