httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: The new %pp/pA/pI formats
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:47:42 GMT
Try %A and %I and then watch gcc -Wall complain.  That's why I posted the
patch for review a few weeks back.  I explained the logic of the %pA, %pI,
%pp choices then 'cause Martin wondered about it too.

I don't really care if the patch goes in or not.  I actually think that
gcc's warnings are a little too non-configurable.  I looked at the gcc
code and it shouldn't be TOO hard to make it extensible... but I just
don't have enough hours in the day :(

Note that alternate choices for printing inet addresses are, uh, lacking.
For example, inet_ntoa() is not threadsafe.  I suppose something could be
pstrdup()d out of a pool... but that chews memory.  What you really want
is something along the lines of C++ streams which are easily extended with
type checking.

Dean