httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: SERVER_VERSION
Date Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:57:09 GMT
BTW, servers built to do dynamic loading will not necessarily have all the
mod_foo/m.n.o annotations in their Server: string even though they are
using these modules.  Such servers are hopefully going to become the norm
as folks like debian, redhat, and freebsd start using dynamic linking to
help end users.

A solution I'd endorse is to add response_server_value to server_rec, and
declare that modules should modify it appropriately at config time.  The
core would default it to the value of ap_get_server_version(), and tack
the OS comment onto the end when all the modules are done their init
phases.

Or just drop the whole subject for 1.3.

Dean