httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: The trouble with benchmarks
Date Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:47:28 GMT
Marc probably has some more to say... but given that the clients are win95
clients, which don't implement TCP/IP correctly, its results are suspect.
In particular I'm referring to abortive close.

And don't go saying "but 90% of the clients are win95" ... because that's
a false path to wander down.  In addition to traditional proxy caches,
there are transparent proxies that sit between clients and the webservers
which do no identification of themselves.  See www.vix.com for example.

Dean