httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-devsite how-to-release.html
Date Wed, 15 Apr 1998 17:54:32 GMT
gdb 4.13 is probably 4 years old, I can't tell because it's no longer in
the GNU archives it's so far out of date.  Sorry that you haven't been
able to update in that time frame.  i.e. I have no sympathy, especially
because it doesn't prevent you from continuing, you can continue just
fine.

On the other hand, if you remove these tools then you aren't helping
developers at all. 

Dean

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:
> 
> > I honestly don't understand the move to not give folks various tools which
> > are useful when debugging modules.  .gdbinit doesn't hurt anyone.
> 
> Yes it does:
> 
> marcs@alive:~/archive/apache/base/apache-1.3/src$ gdb httpd
> GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
>  under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
> GDB 4.13 (i386-unknown-freebsd), 
> Copyright 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
> .gdbinit:1: Error in sourced command file:
> Junk in argument list: "_table"
> (gdb) quit
> 
> But I think the gbdinit and indent.pro files belong in the distribution.
> They are tools for developers; this isn't a making it idiotproof
> thing.  If you tell people things in docs, you have to be sure to
> get it right or you will have people doing what you say even if it
> isn't right.
> 
> If you have things which may not be documented that are for 
> developers, it is a very different matter.
> 
> > 
> > Dean
> > 
> > On 15 Apr 1998 rse@hyperreal.org wrote:
> > 
> > > rse         98/04/15 02:31:27
> > > 
> > >   Modified:    .        how-to-release.html
> > >   Log:
> > >   Remove another dotfile which need not be distributed: src/.gdbinit
> > >   
> > >   Revision  Changes    Path
> > >   1.35      +1 -1      apache-devsite/how-to-release.html
> > >   
> > >   Index: how-to-release.html
> > >   ===================================================================
> > >   RCS file: /export/home/cvs/apache-devsite/how-to-release.html,v
> > >   retrieving revision 1.34
> > >   retrieving revision 1.35
> > >   diff -u -r1.34 -r1.35
> > >   --- how-to-release.html	1998/04/15 07:05:00	1.34
> > >   +++ how-to-release.html	1998/04/15 09:31:26	1.35
> > >   @@ -163,7 +163,7 @@
> > >    <LI> Remove <CODE>STATUS</CODE>, <CODE>RULES.CVS</CODE>,
<CODE>HTTP_Features.tsv</CODE>,
> > >         <CODE>src/INDENT</CODE>, various <CODE>.cvsignore</CODE>
and
> > >         <CODE>.indent.pro</CODE> files and the developer's test
subdirectories:<BR>
> > >   -     <CODE><STRONG>$ rm STATUS RULES.CVS HTTP_Features.tsv src/INDENT</STRONG></CODE><BR>
> > >   +     <CODE><STRONG>$ rm STATUS RULES.CVS HTTP_Features.tsv src/INDENT
src/.gdbinit</STRONG></CODE><BR>
> > >         <CODE><STRONG>$ find . -name ".cvsignore" -exec rm {} \;</STRONG></CODE><BR>
> > >         <CODE><STRONG>$ find . -name ".indent.pro" -exec rm {}
\;</STRONG></CODE><BR>
> > >         <CODE><STRONG>$ rm -rf src/test</STRONG></CODE><BR>
> > >   
> > >   
> > >   
> > > 
> > 
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message