httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: _foo in macros
Date Fri, 10 Apr 1998 22:47:16 GMT
Yep _* is reserved everywhere.  There's an example that I can't recall
offhand which shows why macro args need to have their own namespace...
maybe someone else can remember it.  I think it's something along the
lines of:

#define _a foo

and then some variant on a macro using _a as an arg will fail to expand
properly.

But normally folks don't worry about it.

A similar problem exists with argument names in extern prototype
declarations in .h files.

Dean