httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@c2.net>
Subject Re: 1.3b6 Announcement: Ready?
Date Fri, 17 Apr 1998 16:31:36 GMT
On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> The only problem is that Paul then has to wait with it's ApacheWeek issue for
> today a few hours or blindly assume we found no more bugs in the next
> hours....
>
> Paul, what is your intention for your today's ApacheWeek issue? Do you want to
> mention 1.3b6 as kicked out or is this not important to you?

I'll do the same as normal: tell the readers that a new version is due out
"soon". There are plenty of times in the past that a release has been
virtually certain, and then cancelled at the last moment, so we never
report that something will definitely happen unless it has already
happened. So don't worry about trying to co-ordinate releases with Apache
Week...

Paul