httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@c2.net>
Subject Re: win32 binary for b6
Date Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:06:54 GMT
On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:
> Ok, we have a better IS2 installer right?

Yep, it is all committed into the repository, with full building
instructions at http://dev.apache.org/how-to-release-win32.

> But we don't have an IS2 license, right?

Yep.

> Is IS2 the same as IS Express or whatever they call it?  What sort of IS
> license do you need?  I have a copy of IS Express from Delphi Pro.  Is
> that legal to uses for now?  Hmm, I'll have to check the license.

My copy describes itself as "InstallShield Express 2", version 2.0. IS
product versions are just as confusing as the software itself. I think IS2
is more recent than IS5, except that there have released a new version of
IS5 recently. Erm, maybe.

> Isn't the IS5 install still somewhat... erm... lacking?

Yes, lacking and forces us to commit and develop a proprietary install
script. With IS2 we use a DLL to do what the script did (i.e. expand
@@ServerRoot@@), so we can easily move over to a new installer if (when?)
we want to. The DLL is simple: it is in src/os/win32/installer/installdll
(complete with an interactive tester in "test").

The IS2 configuration itself is in src/os/win32/installer/apache.iwz.

Paul
--
Paul Sutton, C2Net Europe                    http://www.eu.c2.net/~paul/
Editor, Apache Week .. the latest Apache news http://www.apacheweek.com/