httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@c2.net>
Subject Re: gen_test_char and gen_uri_delims
Date Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:52:11 GMT
On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> > Suppose we had a foo.y in main, and it was only used in an abstract way by
> > another routine in main.  Would you suggest then that bison be placed in
> > helpers/ and foo.tab.h be placed in include?  I wouldn't, it breaks the
> > abstraction.  gen_foo aren't exported interfaces, it's the functions which
> > are built out of them which are abstracted and exported.
>
> It looks plain ugly to have header files and 2 binaries in ./src/main,
> especially when it's not that way anyplace else.

Well, I guess there could be an argument for placing them in a separate
subdirectory (src/main/helpers, say), but definitely not in src/include.
But I'm not particularly in favour of that either. So +1 for keeping them
were they are at the moment. There is no way that _modules_ should be able
to get at these header files, which they would if they were in
src/include.

Paul