httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Sutton <p...@c2.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Wed, 08 Apr 1998 09:08:20 GMT
On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Roy did not provide sufficient justification to my mind for
> his veto of HIDE.  I argued a bit, and then shut up.  Now it's
> clear I wasn't alone - Paul, Marc, you (though you may have changed
> your mind), and Jim also seem to think the justification
> inadequate.

No, I was concerned to the extent that *my opinion* was that the HIDE
stuff was correct, so I would have prefered there to be no veto. But the
veto exists, and is a correct procedure, and we should work to accomodate
it. That is why I did not, and still do not, argue against the veto.

I wish we could now carry on with an alternative strategy, without vetos
being given and threatened on discussion items, in apparent response to
the original veto. At some point you must accept the majority decision. If
it is for a global, single ap_ prefix (and the results of the voting
indicate that it is), you should accept that the apapi, appri, etc, scheme
is not prefered. 

Paul



Mime
View raw message