httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory A Lundberg <lundb...@vr.net>
Subject Re: Ralf's Announcement with minor changes
Date Tue, 14 Apr 1998 21:06:15 GMT
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>  is a short summary of all major changes between Apache 1.2 and 1.3 (changes
>  which are new with version 1.3b6 are tagged '*'):
>
>     Ported to Windows 95/NT
>       (see README.NT and htdocs/manual/windows.html)
>     Ported to BS2000/OSD, a mainframe OS with EBCDIC charset
>       (see src/README.EBCDIC)
>     Apache Autoconf-style Interface (APACI) for out-of-the-box installation*
>       (see README.configure and INSTALL)
>     Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) support for all major Unix platforms and the
>     APache eXtenSion (APXS) tool for building third-party modules as DSO*
>       (see src/README.DSO, src/modules/standard/mod_so.c and
> src/support/apxs.8)
>     Additional support tools: apachectl, ab (ApacheBench), dbmmanage*
>       (see src/support/{apachectl,ab,dbmmanage}.1)
>     Enhanced configuration support: Include and Line-Continuation*

What'd you change?

All I see is that the asterisks are now well-hidden and, therefore,
virtually meaningless.  Why not just put asterisks on the left edge for
those things new with 1.3b6?

Also linewrapping got you on APXS.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: lundberg@vr.net [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653