httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: SHARED_MODULE/IS_MODULE
Date Mon, 06 Apr 1998 22:38:03 GMT
On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

> > and move the defines out of the source files and into the .dsp/.mak files
> > in src/os/win32.
>
> Not so sure about this part - but I suppose it is the only way. The only
> thing I dislike about it is that it makes it hard to know that
> SHARED_MODULE has been defined.

Also, it's what we do with Unix; add a -DSHARED_MODULE to the compiler
line. So it makes sense, in that context. And it does alleviate problems
if someone has a module that can be either in the core or a DLL, since
code changes aren't required.

Ideally, we'd have a Win32 version of Configure, at least for module
makefile generation. (does autoconf run on Windows?)

> I suppose a big comment somewhere explaining would help.

It should probably be added to the "how to make a DLL module" docs that I
seem to recall writing six or so months ago for 1.3a1.