httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject SHARED_MODULE/IS_MODULE
Date Sun, 05 Apr 1998 23:26:43 GMT
A few weeks ago, I noted that the Win32 define IS_MODULE really means
the same thing as our Unix define SHARED_MODULE, and I suggested renaming
the former. I've also realized that defining IS_MODULE in the module file
(e.g. mod_status.c) is rather a silly idea, because if someone decided to
include mod_status.c in the Win32 core instead of loading it in as a DLL,
things would go haywire.

In short; I'd like to change all instances of IS_MODULE to SHARED_MODULE,
and move the defines out of the source files and into the .dsp/.mak files
in src/os/win32.

Can anyone think of a reason why this would be a bad idea? IMHO, it should
be done.