httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Apache and SYS V? (fwd)
Date Wed, 01 Apr 1998 12:56:03 GMT

not acked

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 10:50:55 +0100
From: Ken Steven <k.steven@broadnet.co.uk>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: Apache and SYS V?

Hi.

Many apologies if I am sending this to the wrong place. This is actually
a request for someone from the Apache project to possibly work with us
in making Apache compatible with our system. Allow me to explain.

We have an ICL PIMS server (Parallel Interface Multimedia Server)
running UNIX(r) System V Release 4.0 on what is basically a DRS6000 box.
At present we are still running 1.1.1.

Up until now we have had many problems trying to build the various
releases of Apache - all centered around 'gettimeofday'. The build gets
this far then dies. We have successfully built 1.2.4 but when we ran the
binary it would only serve up half pages! i.e. a normal request for an
HTML page would only result in approximately half of the page being sent
to the client. As we do not have the expertise in-house to contribute to
the Apache project, we wondered if anyone there would like to work with
us in making Apache compatible? I can arrange for access to one of our
servers to allow you to investigate the problem in-depth. I have also
spoken with ICL High Performance Systems division (with whom we have a
close working relationsip) and they would be willing to assist (subject
to internal confirmation with their marketing division (usual corporate
response i'm afraid)) although they are willing to offer help and
guidance with the system.

Any interest?

Regards

Ken