httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: zdnet review online
Date Thu, 09 Apr 1998 15:17:18 GMT
On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> What I love about this review, in Internet World or something
> (I'll pull it up later) is that Apache 1.2.5 also includes an
> FTP and NNTP server! :)

Well... their features table got a bit confused and they ignored things
that I told them 942 times, but a lot of the features table is really Red
Hat + Apache, although for some features they decided no to include basic
Red Hat features (eg. DNS server) for some reason.

It is valid to use Apache + Red Hat as a basis for comparison because most
of the tools are available for other platforms and many of them represent
the way a "normal" Apache user would do things and put it on a footing
similar to IIS+NT.