httpd-dev mailing list archives

From bh...@gensym.com (Ben Hyde)
Subject Re: os-windows/2153: Apache installation could be simplified by rolling ApacheCore into Apache.exe (fwd)
Date Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:56:30 GMT

Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com> writes:
> From: Jim Patterson <Jim.Patterson@Cognos.COM>
> Subject: os-windows/2153: Apache installation could be
>          simplified by rolling ApacheCore into Apache.exe
> I would therefore like to suggest that you get rid of
> ApacheCore.dll and move the code into Apache.exe,
> similar to how the configuration is on other systems.

This IS a troll isn't it. :-)

We all yearn to be in the state of: "freefall to release".

Http_main is a tarpit.

If I was to swallow this worm (Just say NO) I'd
probably argue that the Unix stuff should drift toward
the DOS stuff since the current design, with main()
inside of libmain.a, makes it hard to leverage all
that great and useful code in libmain for other little
applications (tests and outboard modules for example).

I do just that. "He just thinks he's happy"

 - ben hyde