httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@gensym.com>
Subject RE: [Patch] Support additional module subdirs
Date Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:09:38 GMT
Feel free to solve my problem anyway
that strikes your fancy!  I like your solution
more, but don't know why.

Note that tr is already used in Configure.

When I was a boy we considered awk
the example of horrific feature creep and
avoided it in preference to m4, and sed
scripts.  Generally any tool that required
more than a few character window into a
file was considered seriously suspect.
I'd say you should visualize how much
of the paper  tape was wound up in each
process in the pipeline.  Humm mod_m4.c...

Times change.

Is it true that tr is "not very portable" ?!?
It's the way - to break words into lines,
strip CFLF, drop excess whitespace,
lowercase, ...

     - ben