httpd-dev mailing list archives

From bh...@gensym.com (Ben Hyde)
Subject Re: [BUILD] mmap_static, type warnings.
Date Mon, 06 Apr 1998 11:13:41 GMT
Re:

Ralf wrote:
>   mm = mmap(NULL, tmp.finfo.st_size, PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED, fd, 0);
>
> The mmap is usually ...

Apparently mmap isn't available on the mips/ultrix.
Note that include/conf.h does not enable any use of mmap.

Should mod_mmap_static be requring one of those mmap defines?

>From a May 97 netnews posting:
> >... under Ultrix 4.3 with gcc 2.7.2 ...
> The problem is that configure notices that the Ultrix libc
> contains an mmap call, and therefore configures xemacs
> to use an mmap based memory allocation scheme.  In reality,
> the Ultrix mmap call is only used for mapping device memory,
> it does not implement the standard bsd mmap functionality.
> So, the right fix would be to get configure to actually test
> the mmap call, rather than just check for its existence.

Given the trade off between uniformity and greed I've
decided to go for greed.  The build will attempt to all
modules, and then I'll add clauses to my configuration
selection script that disable the ones that don't work
out.

This is an example of that mod_mmap_static is enabled by
default, and then disabled on the MIPS.

 - ben hyde
---
"One gram of temperate garden soil contains around 10^9 genomes,
representing around 10^4 different species." ... or 10^2
Apache Servers for each species.