httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Anderson <...@redes.int.com.mx>
Subject Re: C++ and pool (again) in 1.3b6
Date Sat, 25 Apr 1998 02:30:59 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> IMHO, to maintain backwards compatibility, wouldn't it be better
> to change "pool" than "pool"? Er... I mean, change the type name
> instead of the structure member name?
>
> If we change "pool *pool" to "pool *pool_ptr" then all modules
> that access that pool will need to be changed.

There is a lot of code referencing the "pool" variables in the
three affected structures.

> If we change "pool *pool" to "ap_pool *pool" then any module
> that references "r->pool" will still work just
> fine, and we can throw in a "typedef pool ap_pool" in
> #ifndef __cplusplus wrappers so that all existing source
> will continue to work.

Sounds like that should work and could isolate the C++ changes
to small #ifdef's at the top and bottom of header files. The
patch would be trivial - you guys decide and I'll do the
(trivial) grunt work, or someone with write permission on the
source could do it in a few minutes.

Regards,

--
Mike Anderson