httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: config/2113: HTTP Server Rebuild Line Needs Changing for the better (fwd)
Date Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:48:04 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Mmm.  Anyone?
>
> The problem is we still need to keep the current form for
> Win32, etc, plus add a new one.  I'm not sure it is worth it.

While I like the buildnum idea, I'm not sure it makes sense
in a dynamic-module environment.  +0 on the concept (not the
specific patch).

We haven't yet determined whether to scrap -DSERVER_SUBVERSION
(Dean's suggestion), which impacts how the version string
gets assembled.  He didn't formally propose that AFAIK, but I'll
mention it here for renewed discussion.  I've also added
it to STATUS.

I'm -1 on getting rid of it, since it provides the server
builder with a way to customise the version w/o having to hack
module code.  Reasonable if the site has something like a
whizzy CGI extension or something that they think warrants
changing the server version.  Or just because the Webmaster
wants to.  But I'm not going to be obstinate.

#ken	P-)}