httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: SERVER_VERSION with OS
Date Tue, 21 Apr 1998 23:35:32 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
> > This gets a bit complicated because the basic server version
> > string *should* be
>
> This is not at all complicated.

It is if it's done right - which I don't believe your patch
does.

> Here's a patch.  Remove the calls from mod_rewrite and mod_mime before
> committing, I used them to test the code.

No, no.  You're *replacing* existing functionality (the
build-time -DSERVER_SUBVERSION setting) with per-module-only
run-time settings.  The intent here is to *add* two capabilities
(module contributions to the version, and a core "(UNIX)"
contribution) without sacrificing anything.  Or so I thought.

-1 to this patch for that reason - if we're even to that point
yet.  I thought we we discussing things at a higher level right
now.

#ken	P-)}