httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: SERVER_VERSION with OS
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 22:38:41 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Look in standalone_main at the main loop.  pconf (which is cmd->pool) is
> cleared at each reset... otherwise there'd be lots of memory leakage (in
> fact there was some leakage, I fixed it over a year ago though).  See my
> example code for a cleanup in this pool which is run at reset time... the
> reset_to_null thing.

Okey, fine - I think I understand now.  The only problem is that pconf
is static in http_main.  (ISTR discussions leading to this, so I'm not
questioning it.)  So how to use it in another source module?  I don't
want to move the ap_get_server* routines into http_main; I want them to
be in the same file where the SERVER_BUILT string is defined.  (I'd like
the SERVER_VERSION to be moved there, too, and all access to be through
the ap_get_server* routines - but that's a separate issue.)  SERVER_BUILT
should stay a nice, tiny file that *always* gets compiled when the
server is built.

I haven't worked with pool cleanups before, and the documentation for
the routines hasn't been written yet :-), so: do they get declared once
and live forever, or each time the pool is munged?

#ken	P-)}