httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: SERVER_VERSION with OS
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 20:35:43 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> I don't think you need a separate pool for this... why not take a
> cmd_parms * argument?  read on.

Well, for one thing, there might not be a cmd_parms structure
instantiated.  It sounds like you're assuming this will only
be called in the context of a command handler - which I don't
think is necessarily a safe assumption.  Or am I misunderstanding?

One issue that my patch doesn't handle well is restarts - if
something that contributed to the server version string (say,
mod_php) were Cleared and not reLoaded on a restart, the
component contribution is still in the version string.
So I think a companion routine like the following might
be needed:

API_EXPORT(void) ap_reset_server_version()
{
    server_version = SERVER_VERSION;
    if (idpool != NULL) {
	ap_destroy_pool (idpool);