httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Cockup in util_script?
Date Tue, 14 Apr 1998 01:09:34 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> obviously, the first one prevents the second from ever happening. This
> means cgi_status never gets set, which also means that the return of
> ap_meets_conditions() is always used. Also, status is not added to
> r->headers_out. The obvious fix is to merge the two, but is it a good
> idea???

On only one part of this: "Status" is a CGI-header, not an
HTTP-header, and so *shouldn't* go into r->headers_out.  It's
part of the script/server communication, not script/client.
Of course, that means that the second portion is no good
in its entirety.  My WAG would be that the second case should
be zapped, and the setting of cgi_status should be moved into
the first case - but that's without examining its usage in
detail.

#ken	P-)}