httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: see ya
Date Wed, 08 Apr 1998 11:11:15 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Ken, you seem to have very selective reading abilities.  Several times
> I have pointed out the procedures for resolving conflict.  I have followed
> them as closely as possible, in part to ensure that when you put a +1
> next to them in STATUS you were actually agreeing to abide by them.

I've read them several times, and there's something I haven't yet been
able to identify that makes things unclear to me.  Somewhere in the
area of when majority versus consensus is needed, or how to correctly
identify the type of action item.  I'm still looking at them, even harder
now since I seem to be missing something.

> So far, the only difference between this issue and any other is that
> you and Jim disagree with the majority opinion.  Unlike most people
> who just go on with their lives knowing (in their heart) that the
> group has made (in their opinion) a mistake, you two seem to prefer
> personal attacks on me as the instigator of the decision making process.

That's not how I see it, or I wouldn't have made such a hairy nuisance
of myself.  However, since multiple people seem to think that's what
I've been doing, I'll assume there's something to the charge and
stop being an obstacle.  I think I've been standing up for my
convictions rather than being petty, but I'll be the first to admit
that my motivations aren't always crystal-clear to me.  So I'll
assume I *have* been being petty, and withdraw all my objections.

In review, I can see how some of the things I've said could be
interpreted as personal attacks.  For what it's worth (probably
not much at this point), that was *not* the intention - emotional
freighting must have poisoned my words as I put them to screen.

I freely and humbly apologise for anything I've said that you've
taken personally, because I have *not* meant them as attacks.

> Since you seem to be stuck on me as an issue, I'll remove myself from the
> process.

I'm no more stuck on you as an issue than I was on Dean during the
Great C-T-R debate.  Your posts have just been the focal point for
this as his were then.  Again, it's nothing personal.  So far, the
last 48 hours have seen me called severally stupid, an idiot, and
childish, all for things I've done or said, so you're not alone.

Since I seem to be the cause of your going offline for a while,
I'll ask what I can do that might cause you to reconsider.  (Not
necessarily change your mind, since you may come to the same
conclusion - just reconsider.)  And I'll try to watch my tendency
to submit impassioned postings regardless.

#ken	P-|}