httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/test/rename apapi.h apapi.h.mk rename.cf
Date Tue, 07 Apr 1998 12:56:57 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > As far as I know, the use of ap_ for API functions was the "alternate"
> > method, and I had vetoed that on the grounds that it clashes with
> > the use of ap_ for "generic, non-API" functions (like ap_snprintf).
>
> I'm sorry but I don't believe this is an issue you can veto.  You can vote
> for an alternative but you can't veto.  I'm certain this is mentioned in
> the guidelines.

I've just reviewed the guidelines, and it appears to me that this is
a 'product change.' (!)  As such, it requires consensus approval *before*
being committed.  A -1 on actions requiring consensus approval is
a veto, and the veto cannot be overridden.

By this reading, the rename.cf changes MAY NOT be committed until Jim
rescinds his veto.

If you have an alternate reading showing this to not be a 'product
change' (i.e., that it doesn't get caught by the following: "Any change
that affects the semantics of arguments to configurable directives,
significantly adds to the runtime size of the program, or changes the
semantics of an existing API function must receive consensus approval
on the mailing list before being committed"), please explain it.

#ken	P-)}