httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/test/rename apapi.h apapi.h.mk rename.cf
Date Tue, 07 Apr 1998 12:18:28 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I strongly recommend you actually run Ralf's script (on a separate copy
> of your repository) and then compare http_main.c.bak versus http_main.c.
> There is a world of difference between the individual prefix options.

All right, I've done this.  I've also compared the results in a couple
of modules, which I consider to be possibly a more appropriate measurement.
Here's my opinion:

Unchanged.

I like the distinction between 'API' and 'internal' symbols.  I don't
like the choice of 'apx' for the latter, but I still like the distinction
itself.

I'm content to use 'ap_' for things that are candidates for the
httpd-neutral library (e.g., the pool stuff, arrays, tables, and
their baggage).  I'm not content about using 'ap_' for non-API
symbols, nor about using it for things that aren't httpd-neutral
by definition (e.g., sub_req_lookup_file()).

#ken	P-)}