httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/test/rename apapi.h apapi.h.mk rename.cf
Date Tue, 07 Apr 1998 12:03:16 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> This prefix argument has been on the table now for a long time.
> Unless four people suddenly change their minds, we are going with
> just "ap_" and nothing more.  I'll wait another 24 hours to be sure.

I've thought a bit about posting this, and I'll probably regret it,
but I think the point is worth making:

This sounded familiar, so I just double-checked - it was an attitude of
yours similar to this, Roy, that apparently ticked rst off so much that
he left the project back in October 1996.  FWIW.  Sorry, but the above has
really triggered my bogometer after considering it overnight.

I submit that if anyone else were to take such a stance as this,
you wouldn't stand for it without substantive proof - not just
subjective and 'because I'm an expert' statements - that IMHO
you haven't presented.

Let's be clear, Roy: I have enormous respect for your technical
expertise, and value your opinion greatly.  But if this is a meritocracy,
do you not equally value Jim's opinion and mine?  Or is it your way or
nothing?  Guilty 'til proven innocent?  I dislike what I perceive to
be your high-handed attitude - but admit that it might be my perception
that's at fault.

I want to arrive at a solution that causes the least heartburn for
all involved, including you and including me.  And I want that
arrival to occur through discussion and preferably by concensus,
not by fiat.

#ken	P-)}