httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dima Dorfman <>
Subject ToDo list
Date Wed, 15 Apr 1998 02:39:29 GMT

I just skimmed through your todo list at, and I think I
might have something that's on there.  User the 'wish list', you have a
listing that requests a script that asks user about the website, and
generates conf files.

I have a Perl5 script that asks questions, and generates VirtualHosts.  For
example, you run it, and it asks you if it is a name or ip based vhost,
your email address, ...   it then takes all that information, and writes it
to httpd.conf.  I think what you means is that you would like it to
generate full httpd.conf and srm.conf files.  It wouldn't be hard for me to
modify the script to generate these files, just adding some more options,
sucha s default port, ...

Also, under the 'to do list' at, it says something
about internal error-logging.  I don't quite understand what this means.
If it's just logging to syslogd, it is as easy as including <syslog.h>, and
using a function similar to printf.

BTW, if you need help on your website, i.e. update documentation, FAQ,
write a CGI script, I would like to help.

Dima Dorfman -

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981 - Bill Gates

View raw message