httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>
Subject release manager for 1.3.0
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 19:56:14 GMT

Hi.  I asked Jim about this, he seemed to be OK with it, so I'd like to
volunteer to be the RM for 1.3.0, and any intermediate releases we do.
Jim's call to focus on 1.3, the STATUS file, and showstopping issues was
right on - let's keep the momentum going.

I intend to work almost entirely from the STATUS file; if there are
outstanding issues you feel need resolution in the 1.3.x timeframe make
sure they are in there.  I do plan on being a rather hands-on RM, and while
I will ask for consensus for issues I will not hesitate to put a stake in
the ground in the interests of forward movement.

I will make a cursory trip through the bug reports as well, but if other
people could help close out as many as possible that would be appreciated.
It may not be possible, but it would be heavenly if we could release a
1.3.0 with all outstanding bug reports for 1.3bX closed.

Let's finish this.

	Brian

"Optimism is a strategy for making                         brian@apache.org
a better future." - Noam Chomsky                        brian@hyperreal.org