httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 Announcement
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 08:31:35 GMT
At 10:16 AM 4/20/98 +0200, you wrote:
>In article <> you wrote:
>>   Moved history down to the bottom of the page (anyone getting this
>>   announcement already knows all that) and added spaces between features
>>   to make it more legible.
>Oh Brian, you hurt me. I'm one step before announcing it and you change it
>again. This will lead again to debates. For instance I personally dislike the
>extra spaces, etc. Hmmm... are you sure this is the best we can do at this
>time? Why not a little bit earlier? Hmmm...

I was going blind trying to read without the extra spaces, and it seemed
discussion on the list was leaning towards double spaces and moving the
history towards later.  I didn't see any commentary suggesting the contrary
on either point, actually, though catching up with 500 apache mails could
have caused me to miss it.  :(

Is it that big a deal?  I thought I was helping out... but it doesn't
matter big picture, if you feel really strongly one way or another go
ahead, it's your name on the outgoing message after all.

"Optimism is a strategy for making
a better future." - Noam Chomsky

View raw message