httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject SPACER?
Date Mon, 27 Apr 1998 13:52:24 GMT

I'm currently a little bit confused about the $(SPACER) we use in your
Makefiles. What is its purpose? Just to make whitespace before the filenames
in compiler commands? Don't provide two spaces the same effect?  Is this still
needed? Hmmm... SPACER is at least not defined somewhere (Makefile.config I
expected), not even as ``SPACER=''. Does anybody know the reason why we still
have this Makefile variable and a reason why we can't simply replace it with
two plain spaces?
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com