httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: New RPM just about ready
Date Mon, 27 Apr 1998 06:36:23 GMT

In article <19980426135620.B16610@io.com> you wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 1998 at 10:30:12AM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>> In the spec you say
>>
>> # I would use APACI here, since it matches very closely to FHS. But, there
>> # are differences which I would have to work around. If I have to patch, I
>> # might as well patch all the way.
>>
>> I know that package maintainers want to adjust some more paths.  And we should
>> provide support for this in APACI to make your life easier. So my question is:
>> WHAT EXACTLY do you need to be customizeable?

> This is support that I believe you have already added for 1.3b7. I
> needed support to set the logging and pid directories separately. In
> Red Hat, logs are kept in /var/log/httpd.
>[...]

It's still not in 1.3b7, but I've already done this for a 1.3.1-dev configure
version and I'll backport this to the 1.3b7-dev configure in the next days.
Then you can use the --runtimedir and --logfiledir options to set this. The
FreeBSD port for apache-current had the same problem.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com