httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <>
Subject Re: New RPM just about ready
Date Sun, 26 Apr 1998 08:30:12 GMT

In article <> you wrote:

> I've uploaded (in tar.gz format) the files in an upcoming Red Hat RPM
> I've made for 1.3b6. I've tried to incorporate all suggestions from
> those on the list. So far, only the proxy module is shared. With the
> next release and the fix for module ordering, I'll split out more
> modules, but not all of them, since I imagine its more efficient to
> keep the most commonly used modules in the Apache binary.

> Grab it at:

> Comments?

In the spec you say

# I would use APACI here, since it matches very closely to FHS. But, there
# are differences which I would have to work around. If I have to patch, I
# might as well patch all the way.

I know that package maintainers want to adjust some more paths.  And we should
provide support for this in APACI to make your life easier. So my question is:
WHAT EXACTLY do you need to be customizeable?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message