httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject [FWD] Re: Apache 1.3 Beta 6 Released
Date Wed, 22 Apr 1998 07:35:37 GMT

Some points for the Win32-aware guys of us.

Not ack.

----- Forwarded message from $Bill Luebkert <dbe@wgn.net> -----
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:57:00 -0700
From: "$Bill Luebkert" <dbe@wgn.net>
To: rse@engelschall.com
Subject: Re: Apache 1.3 Beta 6 Released

>  Apache 1.3 Beta 6 Released
>  ==========================

Is there a simple way to report bugs/failures?  I'm using Windoze
version (on Win95a) and have these observations (excerpt from Perl
Win32 email group post):

1) Switches on the Perl shebang line don't work and in fact make your
   script fail.

2) The .htpasswd file needs to be plain text (i.e.: raw passwords, not
   encrypted ones).  Pointed out by Patrick O'Malley - thank you.
   Crypt not available?

3) James Helm mentioned he has to restart Apache (1.3b6) after 5-20 CGI
   executions, but so far I haven't used it enough to see any
   looping/lockups.  Ignore this for now.

4) A couple of the load modules won't load - proxy and speling (Cannot
   Load into server error)

5) MimeMagicFile doesn't work (Invalid Command)

Is there a simple mech. to report these?  Or do I have to go through
the big bug report form (for these simple observations that you guys
may/probably already know about)?

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles

----- End forwarded message -----

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com