httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: general/2091: Appropriate Way to "configure" -D compilation
Date Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:08:07 GMT

In article <CMM.0.90.4.893168630.mdpc@netcom2> you wrote:

> As a previous "tester", configurator of apache.....I believe that
> I know what confused me...In the past the variables
>
> 	EXTRA_CFLAGS
> 	EXTRA_LDFLAGS

> (etc) had to be changed directly after configuration.  The
> new configuration and examples did not have these OLD variable
> settings or examples therein, thus confusing me a bit.

> Thanks for your pointers, help, reclarifications, etc...

Hmmm... yes, these are named CFLAGS and LDFLAGS for "configure" because these
are the canonical names used with Autoconf-style interfaces. But you are
right, old Apache users intuitively will try them with the EXTRA_ prefix. We
have to write down another note in INSTALL and make sure that these variants
work, too.  I'll fix this for 1.3b7-dev. Thanks for pointing this out.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com