httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: SERVER_VERSION with OS
Date Mon, 20 Apr 1998 20:26:55 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Yeah but if you look at a "nm --size-sort httpd" you'll see that the other
> statically allocated buffers are the largest data objects in the server...
> which wastes pages.  Especially since MAX_STRING_LEN is so large.

Well, I wasn't suggesting SERVER_VERSION be sooo large... Maybe a
simple [256]

I was just considering the fact that if loads of modules use this to
tack on their comments, we're talking a lot of pallocs... and
wasteful ones too. :)

Of course, limiting buffer sizes is sure to cause problems sooner
or later...